When we hiked to Stewart Falls
over the weekend, Kara took the lead
pretty much all the way.
over the weekend, Kara took the lead
pretty much all the way.
Fuzzy caterpillar we found at the head of the trail.
Kara touched it, but Amy wouldn't go near it.
Kara touched it, but Amy wouldn't go near it.
According to Joy, our kids in the remnants of a rock slide are like other people's kids in a candy store.
Amy was also fascinated by the avalanche evidence we saw.
Kara is taking a dance class this year instead of gymnastics. Her teacher says that she's a very good listener.
Brenda made a sheet cake and 36 cupcakes last week, the former for a ward party and the latter for Kara's birthday.
QOSROIT: If you could have any meal and dessert you wanted for your next birthday (money is no object), what would it be?
Happy Poisoned Blackberries Day!
Love,
The Petersons
5 comments:
I think Kara's my new favorite niece! ;) She likes to hike and will pick up a fuzzy caterpillar. NICE! We have some things in common now!
My favorite food is also yours as well: Rock Lobster, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, etc.
For dessert: Death by Chocolate cake.
Bernda, you put me to shame with the hike. :) Ken always takes the kids to do stuff like that. I usually hide at home for a little R & R.
Lobster or crab. A steak at Ruth's Chris. Plus, I'd like to try foie gras and truffles.
As for dessert, I heard of an avocado cheesecake by one of the best chefs in America at his new restaurant in New York called Per Se. The funny thing is I had that same idea about a year or so before he opened the restaurant. Spooky, eh?
I have no idea what I would get for my birthday dinner. I don't have expensive taste when it comes to food. I don't eat seafood or steak. I don't want to eat anything weird like foie gras (sorry, Lee!).
I had my last birthday dinner at The Counter -- well-done burger on a wheat bun with mayo and BBQ sauce, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and a side of sweet potato fries. That was pretty darn perfect. But it would depend on my mood. Maybe I'd want a chicken chimichanga or chicken and spinach cannelloni. Who can say?
For dessert, hot fudge and caramel brownie sundae with almonds and creme brulee -- yes, I want both, because I hate deciding.
That was way too much information! :)
CJ - :-P
Lee - avocado cheesecake?? That sounds really weird. If you ever make some, you'll have to tell me how it is.
Jess - the dessert part is definitely the hardest to decide!
OK, my ideal birthday dinner would be a steak from Fleming's, oatmeal bread from Black Angus, Salad and Chocolate Almond Amore from Olive Garden, and a Brisa de Mora Negra from Los Hermanos. And that would be a pricy dinner, since Utah doesn't have Black Angus, and nowhere else has Los Hermanos. :-)
For dessert I would go simple with a white cake with cherry frosting and Birthday Cake Remix from Coldstone.
Hmmm...maybe I will have to go price all that and see how much it would really cost. Yeah, I'm still a math nerd.
I'm w/ Amy on that caterpillar!
Post a Comment