Thursday, August 06, 2009

Very Interesting...


Amy and Rora playing on the computer


Amy at Bridal Veil Falls


Amy
says she loves the first day of school and the last day of school. Not sure how she feels about the rest of them.

Joy has been mounting doors and building window sills. He is estimating that the basement will be completely finished by the end of September.

Mom and Kara started "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" together. It seems so intuitive to her.

Brenda had a fabulous week at the BYU Choral Academy. It left her feeling rather incompetent, but also gave her new motivation and insight that she was able to use right away in choir practice (also known as new ways to torture ward choir members ).


Interesting stuff:

-You're only 7 years old? Don't worry. Driving is easy!


QOSROIT: What were your favorite and least favorite parts of school when you were growing up?


Happy National Fresh Breath Day!
Love,
The Petersons

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite parts of elementary school: Recess. Just like any kid.

Jessica said...

Friends, reading, drama, choir, lunch were the favorites. Lame teachers and mean kids were my least favorite parts.

Elisabeth said...

The Bridal Veil Falls are gorgeous!!

Amy cracks me up! Those were always my favorite days of school too! Well, plus the Christmas party :)

How are you liking the Reading in 100 easy lessons? I tried it with Isaac but wasn't a good fit for him!

Your basement is coming along great!

Brenda said...

Yeah, we tried it with Amy too, and it wasn't a good experience at all. So far so good with Kara, though.

I have to agree with my girl about school. The first and last days were always so exciting. Besides that, I loved art projects, sciences and, of course, math. :-)

Member of the Justice League said...

I loved the program at Booker T. Washington Elementary. We got to ride on a harbor science cruise and sleep on a 19th century ship.

I loved my third grade teacher, Ms. Patraiko. She dressed up for Halloween as a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people-eater.

I agree with Jessica. I did not like mean kids. I like to think that I would be nice to adult Joe Drazenovic, but I don't know for certain.

Brenda said...

What is it about third grade teachers? I had an awesome one too (Mrs Kordecki) and I have heard wonderful things about Amy's teacher for this year.