Sunday, August 30, 2009

Settling In


Kara with her "boyfriend" Keaten


Dad, girls and neighbor kids with the finished rocket


Mom asked Kara one day why she's so full of silliness. Her response was, "Because Daddy is."

Amy is doing well in school already. Two weeks in, she has already learned multiplication tables up to 12, and she remembers at least half of them. She's also been learning about classification animals (MR. FAB = mammals, reptiles, fish, amphibians, birds) and listening to a story about Princess Goldenhair in an enchanted forest.

Joy has been very busy at work, and this week will be going in at 6:30 a.m., instead of the usual 9 a.m., so he and some others can work with guys from the UK office. We'll see if that means he can actually come home earlier too.

Brenda is getting adjusted to the new routine. Kindergarten and laundry are all settled. She is now on a quest to declutter/clean/reorganize every drawer, shelf, appliance and piece of furniture in the house. It will take about 4 months if she does one each day.


QOSROIT: What is the most neglected part of your house?


Happy Frankenstein Day! (Seriously??)
Love,
The Petersons

4 comments:

CeeJ said...

My bedroom/office computer is a little neglected. The front room stays clean, because that's what the company sees! ;) But I'm proud of you for getting organized! I'm on that decluttering mission too!

Member of the Justice League said...

It's the laundry room. See...

There was a plumbing issue (and it's still ongoing) which then created a paint-coming-up-on-the-basement-floor issue (that's been resolved -- mostly because there's no more paint to come up) which then created a "I refuse to go downstairs because if I do, I'll surely scream" issue.

And I agree with CeeJ, the dining room is almost always picked up. It's the first room people might see.

Elisabeth said...

Y'all must have great schools up there! Here they do not introduce multiplication until third grade!

Brenda said...

LOL. She is in 3rd grade. :-)