Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dressed in White


Amy & Dad in their baptism clothes


All dressed up...Aunt Jo
did a great job on Amy's hair!


Amy
turned 8 years old on Friday and was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday.

Joy baptized her and gave her a beautiful blessing with her confirmation.

Kara was so cute helping her big sister get changed into her white dress after the baptism. She is really excited to get baptized herself...in 3 years.

Brenda played the piano and, of course, bawled through most of the service. Another reminder of how fast our baby girl is growing up.


QOSROIT: If you have been baptized, what do you remember most clearly about that day?


Love,
The Petersons

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Even though I was only 8 years old, I clearly remember how I felt when I came up out of the water. I remember standing in the changing area, dripping wet, crying, feeling a warmth that enveloped me from head to toe. I knew I had made the right decision and I felt so good.

Jessica said...

P.S. Congratulations to Amy!

Misses~ said...

I felt so happy to read this post and see what a beautiful, pure daughter of God looks like.
How amazing it is to feel the spirit, testifying the power of baptism and confirmation. And what a Special occasion it is indeed. Amy, you look lovely in white and I’m so happy for your goodness, for the happiness it brings to your parents and the good example you’ve set for your sister. When I was baptized, I remember the excitement of the occasion the most and relished in the attention.

Elisabeth said...

She looks so beautiful! And you did an incredible job on her dress! I'm so happy y'all enjoyed such a wonderful blessing!