Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May the Fourth Be With Us


Picnic at the beach


Belatedly in honor of Star Wars Day


Amy is excited that she only has 4 weeks left until the end of 1st grade. We are not sure if she's happy because she doesn't have to go to school in the summer, or if she is proud that she is going to be a big 2nd grader!

Mom just figured out that when Kara says a prayer, instead of saying, "I'm thankful for this day," she says, "I'm thankful for the stay."

Brenda and Joy attended a second square-foot gardening class on Saturday. It was more of a hands on experience, so we actually got to see and do a little instead of just listening to someone talk about it. We are planning to start some seeds this week. Maybe we can get our thumbs to be more of a shade of gray now, rather than totally black.


QOSROIT: How was your Mother's Day?


LOL for the Week:
-Gotta Love Technology


Love,
The Petersons

4 comments:

CeeJ said...

Man, I am so jealous! I *LOVE* the photo with Darth Vader- and holding a blue light saber too!! Where did you take that?? I'm assuming it was somewhere in California? Very fun! =) Did you bring the M&M's? ;)

Jammie said...

That's so cute about your little Kara's prayer. When Connor blesses the food he always says "…that it will nourish the strength in our bodies, so that we can do the good that we need…”

Jammie said...

BTW, my Mother’s Day was really nice. How was yours?

Brenda said...

CJ - the Vader pic is from Legoland. If you click on it, you can see that he is made of Legos!

Jam - Little kids say the cutest prayers!

My mother's day was pretty good. Joy got me some temple clothing, and the girls gave me love. :-) Lots of cuddles. They also made dinner for me. It was really nice not too have to cook, but I did have to clean up the next day. :-)